Sunday, December 2, 2007

Traveling & More Traveling

Here's some thoughts I wrote 3 days ago as I was traveling by bus up North:


Traveling

It’s noon. It is noon on a hot greyhound bus. It’s noon on a hot greyhound bus going into the 6th hour of this journey and it’s about 4 more hours till the layover in Detroit. I can only pray that my ipod can suck off enough energy off my computer before my computer dies.


More Traveling

5:56 pm – In the 13th hour now of travel. It’s been a bit of a nail bitter. The bus was 35 minutes late getting into Detroit, which was scary because my lay-over was only supposed to be 5o minutes. Luckily, my next bus was 15 minutes late for it’s scheduled departure. In the end I had just enough time to charge my laptop up to 46% (and I’m down back to 7% right now, but that’s cuz I’ve had my ipod charging this whole 2nd half) and to grab a bag of chips out of the vending machine. Sweet. Gotta love traveling by bus.
Even better, and this is truly a great thing, is that this was by far my easiest border crossing EVER. And I’ve been back and forth more than a few. They hardly even looked at my passport, just “How long are you going to be visiting” and I was back on the bus.
Even better than that, if it can be true, is that one of the women whom I answered a Nanning ad for called literally as the bus was pulling out of the Detroit station and we were approaching the Canadian border. A good omen. Maybe I’ll be employed soon!
I’m down to 3%, and only approx. 5 more hours to go! Hope my ipod can last that long….

No comments: