Friday, December 28, 2007

Holiday Week...

It's been a couple days now, but I've been meaning to post about Christmas Eve since, well, since Christmas Eve. But since it has now been a little while, all of the flowery poetry I'd use to describe it has dissipated, so I'll just do a little recap of actual "eve" events:
*Getting to see friends
*Having Christmas dinner (turkey, mashed potatoes, green-beans and all) with family
*Opening presents and getting, and giving everything I wanted.
*Getting to see more of friends and family
*Going to Church and having a candle - lighting service.

All of my favorite things to do on Christmas Eve.

Christmas Day, was ok. It was a weird year, with so much family away right now, but I did go for an hour long walk with my mom and then for a hour long run. Which was great, but has left me kinda a wreck the rest of the week and it's been hard to get back on the running band-wagon, even with all my nice running-gear presents.

Time spent not running has been spent feeding my addiction to "House" dvds (although now I've watch them all, and have to just sit and wait for the next season to come out on dvd...) and knitting. I'd write what I've knitted, but they are presents that
haven't been given yet, but remind me and I'll put pictures up of them soon. I've been knitting so much though, that the joke in my house right now is that I'm not going to get a job - I'm just going to sit in my basement knitting away and selling my work on theinternet. Hopefully though, this is just a joke, and will not turn into a reality.

Benazir Bhutto was assassinated yesterday. I'm not trying to make a political statement on Pakistan or anything of that nature. To be honest, I didn't even really know who she was until the whole deal withMusharaff took place two months ago and she came back to Pakistan. But through-out that whole ordeal, and really, what continues to go on there, I likedBhutoo. I liked hearing her speak, and hearing this woman's voice in the political landscape, and I'm sad that she's gone.

It feels weird to write something beyond that, but I know there was something else I was going to blog about....Oh yes, the upcoming week. I'm looking forward to getting to see more of my friends; we always have a such a great time together, and I'm thrilled to see what comes of the next couple days. Not to mention, I'm ready to usher in the New Year. This blog is pretty long already, so I'll wait for a "Year in Review" blog till later, but for now I'm very excited to spend a weekend with friends and see 2008 arrive.

No comments: