Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ouch

I feel like I've turned a corner with my job anxiety, really. I feel like I may be letting go a little and just kinda relaxing.
Except, that my anxiety is so deeply rooted in my being, that it peeks out without my even being aware of it. The night before last my mind was conjuring up this stressful dream (it wasn't a nightmare, but it was stressful and was about to turn this corner and go down the road of nightmare) and it's like my brain went "Nope, we're not even going there" and woke me up. Except, it woke me up to the state of not being able to sleep again, at 5:30 am.
Last night, it was at 4:00 am. Just, suddenly awake; hearing every creek and noise in my house. My over active imagination runs wild with these noises (really, you think after living here for a life time I would have gotten used to them, but I guess that's what three years away does).
Tonight, I'm just hoping my brain lets me sleep through the night.

On the upside: Twice this week, once while it was snowing and once in the bitter cold, I went running over 3.5 miles. Go me!
(I was thinking of going again tonight, but then stepped outside and promptly fell on my ass. So hard I knocked my glasses off my head. Ouch. If the black ice is so bad I can't get off the front steps I probably shouldn't be running....)

No comments: