Thursday, December 6, 2007

Update on "The Adventure"

!st: A shout out to my brother, whose celebrating his 22nd birthday today. Happy Birthday Little Bro!

2nd: An update on that whole "moving to another city/country, starting completely from scratch thing":

*Living arrangements are stressful. It's a decent sized apartment with
4 people in it and a dynamic between them that's already established
(with it's ups and it's downs) for over a year now. Adding another
person to that, has been,...stressful. That's the best word I can come
up with. Not sure what will happen from here. There's a lot of flux
going on, some roommates thinking of leaving, me thinking of staying,
but not sure if it's the best thing. But the rent would be cheap, the
location is good,.... I digress. Anyways...
Side note though: I did
look at one place with two rooms for rent (another friend is coming to
town, so I'm doing a little looking around for the both of us). It was
nice, clean, private. Mostly it's significance is that it was the first
destination I had in Toronto where I had to get somewhere that I had
never been, on my own. It was a total success and upped my confidence.

* Jobs: I've pretty much lived on craigslist
this week, what in also looking for a possible place to live as well as
employment. I should also have looked in the local paper, but, since
I've had some success withcraigslist , I stuck with that. I emailed
every job that looked good to me: small children (under the age of 5),
full time, preferably near my current residence but that's not vital,
and seeminglylegit . (So many jobs with just "Nanny needed. One child.
Call this number." I mean, if that's not a potential killer, I don't
know what is).
And one week after I arrived, it's panned out
pretty well. (Although, let's see if I actually get offered any jobs
tomorrow). I have four interviews this weekend, one seems perfect, I
just hope it pays enough. Another seems really good, and the other two
seem like they would pay fairly well, but would be more work than are
worth it. Like, I might be the nanny who got hosed if I took these
jobs. But what can I say, I'm unemployed, I'll at least take the
interview.

I'll update tomorrow on how things go (3 of the
interviews are tomorrow), but let me end with these things I've learned
in a week of starting over:
*Unemployment does not suit me. I don't
even know what to do with myself. I go crazy, I get stuck in thought
with nothing else to distract me. It'shorrible.
* I know it's all high and mighty and what not to live with out a tv, but I hate it. Again, I think it has to be with me being an overly analytical person. If I don't have something around to distract me, like Project Runway or Heroes or even stupid Extreme Home Make-over per say, I get all caught up in my head and just go round and round up there. It ain't pretty.

* I really do prefer running in the winter as to the summer. I know, I
think I'm crazy too. It's cold to start out, but once the blood gets
going, and you warm yourself up by your own running, it's just exhilarating. I love it.

Long post, good for you for making it to the end. I'll try to keep up the documentation of the adventure tomorrow. Hopefully, with good news to report!

No comments: