Thursday, November 15, 2007

Unspoken in words

Tonight at dinner I was in the mode - the one were I'm just chatting and being outgoing, getting through a big school Thanksgiving dinner. As I am chatting, I go to see my friend - a close friend that I haven't seen in awhile, and since I'm leaving, will probably not see for an even longer time.
This friend pulls me into a hug, which a lot of people have done tonight. Unlike a lot of people though, she doesn't let me pull away. She just, continues to hug me. She hugs me to say all the things she that no one really wants to say in a crowded dinning hall full of teenagers.
She says I'm sorry. She says I love you. She says I believe in you. She says I am your friend. She says I will miss you.
All in a hug.
I had to say "Lynne, you have to stop hugging me or I'm going to cry."

I cried. And I realized again tonight, more than just with Lynne, how much I love my friends.

No comments: