Monday, November 12, 2007

The Last Monday

Well, there it was - my last Monday in the Academic Office. Here's the list I make when I come into work:

1.Voicemail
(it gets first dibs because I hardly ever have a voicemail message, so
if I do, I figure it must be important - it usually isn't.)

2. Email. (It gets 2nd dibs because parents usually email me and they, as do most people, like prompt responses. Plus, if someone has something they want in the daily
bulletin, they've emailed it to me.)

3. Daily Bulletin. (Send it out to every parent, student, staff and faculty remember in the school community with information on club meetings, field trips, travel plans, sports, you name it, it's in there).

4.
Travel. (Coordinate any transportation for the day/week & travel to
and from the airport for breaks. Today, that involved emailed about 20
parents as to why they haven't gotten me their plans yet).

5. Do whatever else needs to be done - right now that's putting together a list of every time a student appeared in the nightly report. Along with interviewing candidates or my replacement. Also, putting together mailing lists for our annual fund raiser.

All in a Monday, my last Monday.

No comments: