Friday, November 9, 2007

Top Five Movies (Plus)

So, obviously, the whole NoBloPoMo thing hasn't worked out so well. For some reason the filter on my internet (yep, living at a school) lets me visit my blog, but not actually post anything. Except for right now! Not totally sure why, but I'm just gonna run with it. So, here's a post I wrote a couple days ago while packing (T minus 7 days and counting).

Top 5 movies:

So, you’re moving, your not sure how long you’ll be gone, what movies do you bring?

Out of my Movie Collection: These are the ones that are making the cut:

Yoga instruction: because I swear, I will work yoga into my day at some point in my life, and maybe this is it.

Almost Famous: “It’s all happening” – one of my top five movies of all time, good music, good movie, Parick Fuggit, Cameron Crowe. It wins.

Bourne Identity & Bourne Supremacy: They are the only action flicks I own (no, wait, does Batman Begins count? I discount it because I define it as Comic Strip Action), and sometimes, I need a little action (and a little Matt Damon).

The Departed:
Maybe also defined as action? I don’t really think so, mostly defined probably as straight up violent. But so so good. It’s coming with.

The Family Stone: Totally cheesy but also the only film in my movie collection that is guaranteed to make me cry.

Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban: I own this one, and the first one, and this one is by far the superior movie. It might even go so far as to say it’s the best of the movie series.

High Fidelity:
Because it’s the daddy of the top five in the first place.

Knocked Up: cuz it’s hilarious.

Saved: It’s got laughs, it’s got heart, it’s got Mandy Moore crashing her car into Jesus. Oh, and it’s got Patrick Fuggit again.

Wimbleton: Total chick flick, that doesn’t make me cry.

The films that didn’t make the cut:
*10 Things I Hate About You: yes, it’s awesome, that’s why I own it. But I’ve already been living in high school for the past two years, I don’t need to bring it with.

* Batman Begins: Is the resurrection of the Batman series. But I’m going with Bourne instead.

* Chasing Amy: surprisingly, the only Kevin Smith film that I actually own. It’s so great, but it’s another high school film for me. I’ve seen it so often, I don’t need to bring it.

* Garden State: for personal reasons. Just can’t watch that for awhile.

* Harry Potter 1: Cuz 3 is soooo much better.

* Jerry Maguire: “You had me at hello” – not something I need right now, although it’s such a fabulous movie. Still, if I’m gonna bring Cameron Crowe with me, I’m going with Almost Famous.

*Lord of the Rings II: for some reason, the middle one is the only one I have. Weird…

* When Harry Meet Sally: it’s scratched, and it was when I bought it for like 5 bucks when I was living in Vermont.

* Wonder Boys: One of the best films about writing. Will come along some day, but not right now.

TV shows: Both Sports Night & West Wing will probably come along. But not Sex in the City. Sorry Carrie, but I’ll take Josh Lyman.

No comments: