Sunday, March 30, 2008

Starting again

The internet is down at my house right now (&%*^!) and right now I'm at the library, which is closing in T minus 13 minutes, so I gotta make this quick. But, I finally ran yesterday, and I wanted to write it down:

March 29, 2008
2.4 miles

It was a good run and I came to the conclusion that I need to just do this loop - I call it the high school loop, cuz I just run to the high school, around the giant block it sits on, and then loop back to my house. Because, since I've moved home I do that as a warm up and then the rest of the week try to push it a little farther (that's when I go the rest of the week). I am always feeling like if I go less then 3 miles it - like it's inconsequential or something. I know that's probably not true, but I dunno, all the running mags always talk about 3 miles as just a warm up. Anyways, I decided (again) that consistency is what's important. When I started running a year ago, I decided I didn't care about my time, that going should be enough. I focused on distance. But now that I know I can do it, that I can run at all in the first place, I think I just need to focus on that - doing it.

No comments: