Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday Night in the Suburbs

Not a bad Saturday night. Went to church, which I only partially paid attention to. I forgot that even though it's a nondenominational service this is a religiously rich season for lots of faiths. We sang a hymn in Hebrew and listened to a sermon about Jesus and Palm Sunday. Interesting, but wasn't really capturing my attention. I made a yummy dinner with couscous, shrimp, and snow-peas for my parents when I got back from church and from there I went to Borders.
I think I read magazines for at the very least 2 & 1/2 hours, which I can't believe considering I did the same thing yesterday at home while I avoided running. But tonight it was magazines I don't get subscriptions to, namely Entertainment Weekly. I love EW , seriously. I can read it almost cover to cover. This week's cover story on Indiana Jones had me wanting to throw a movie marathon before the 4th one comes out in May. (Seriously, how fun would that be? The 4th comes out May 22nd to be exact, and whil and we'll do it). Not to mention that the "Entertainment Throw Down" articles were awesome. I laughed out loud and wished the article had been longer.
Also tired to read Time and Newsweek and the Atlantic, but Border's doesn't stay open all night, so now I'm back home. Watching Studio 60 on my laptop, bloggin , eating cookies in bed, not sleeping like I should be. And while I feel a serious night out
with the girls needs to happen soon, over all, there are way worse to spend a Sat. night.

No comments: