Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Rainy Day Run vs. Sunny Day Run

I kinda can't believe it, but I've kept it up. I ran on Monday against all odds. I put on my running clothes, got my ipod set, was ready to go and looked out the window. It was a down-pour. I tried to wait it out and made cupcakes in the mean-time, a little counter productive to the running, but the majority of them later went to co-workers who really appreciated them. The day progressed and I thought I had an opening in the weather to go for a run, but I only made it about 3/4 of the loop before I called my mom, who was already in the car, to come pick me up. It had started to rain again and I needed to leave early for my commute because of that.
Still, I went, and that is what was important.
I went again today and I wish I could have swapped today's weather for Mondays. Monday was really warm, depsite the rain. Today was a perfect cool spring day. A cold breeze without a cloud in the sky, the sun was out. I hate these days for running. My ideal is a rainy night, I like the moisture in the air, along with the cover of darkness. I realize that what I like about running at nights or on rainy days is that I feel less, obvious. Running in the broad day light in the middle of the afternoon, like I did today, is my least favorite thing to do, especially past the high school.
But I did it, cuz I knew it was the only time today I could go. So:

Wednesday April 2, 2008
2.4 miles

No comments: