Thursday, January 3, 2008

Re-cap and move on

I've had this blog rolling around in my brain: a re-cap of 2007 type blog. But I can't seem to get myself to sit down and write it. So I'm just going to say this, which is the main point in my mind:

2007 wasn't really all that great.
I mean, there were high-lights, don't get me wrong. Katy and Jason's wedding was by-far the top event and most fun I had all year, most fun ever in a way. It will stand out brightly in my memory always.
And I got to go to Hawaii, for free. It was an amazing place, and the people I was with where great, but it will not stand out brightly, it was a tainted trip. Still, Hawaii for free makes onto the high lights list.
I also got to spend more time with one of my fav people, Greer. Not many people get to live in the same place as one of their best-friends, and I've gotten to do it twice.

So, wedding, hawaii, friends. And then a whole lot of anxiety, fighting, questioning, tears, mixed into that. And not just this summer, I mean, the whole year. There was a whole lot of growth and self-knowledge and all those great things that come out of the not-so-great stuff in life. But still, mixed in with those life-lessons are not-so-great things. So it feels like a toss up.

In the end, what I want to say is: 2007 wasn't really all that great, in fact, beyond the high-lights, I believe I've been quoted as saying it "sucked ass". And I believe that 2008, will be, well, great. (I mean, come on people, it even rhymes!). There's a lot of potential and general up-swing to be had this year, and I can't wait.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Yeah, 2007 can bite me. Of course, my first week of '08 hasn't exactly been a carnival for me but I'm sure it'll get better...