Monday, January 7, 2008

Damn Girl

Monday January 8, 2007
2.93 miles

The weather is amazing. It's 62 degrees outside! Apparently it hasn't been this warm on this date since before 1900. Of course, there is also a threat of a tornado. I didn't run into any high winds, not even a rain drop. But I did see a lot of lightening on my run.
A special shout out to Justin Timberlake, who on this run got me through my last couple blocks. Just when I was starting to get fatigued, and the voices of those old tired coyotes started howlin in my ears, good 'ol JT comes on my playlist. Instead of only seeing how much farther I had to go, I see Justin in a black convertible car pulling up slow beside me on the street, sticking his head out and singing "Dammmmmmn girl..... You're so finnnneeee."
Silly yes, but it gets me across the finish line.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Regarding the weather, the past few days, my body has only been like: "This is wrong, this is wrong this is WRRROONNG"

Ordinarily I would enjoy it since I hate winter, but it made me feel very out of place.