Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Svefn-G-Englar

I just heard a piece of music for the second time in the matter of hours. "Svefn-G-Englar" by Sigur Ros. It's such a beautiful piece of music, I'm not surprised it's used to beautify other forms of entertainment. But these two places it was used couldn't be more far apart; This American Life's episode on themortgage crisis (such a fantastic episode, really breaks it all down into understandable and humorous terms) and then an episode of CSI from the first season that I got from the library last week.

Well, encase you were worried, I have fully found my inner workaholic. I worked last
night till 9, home a little after 10, trying to fall asleep by 12. Alarm at 7 am, up at 7:30 am, work both jobs, done again at 9 pm, went to pick up my brother from his work and am home again by 11 pm. And if I get to sleep in the next ten minutes, asleep by midnight. I'm recalling my college years with increasing frequency. My biggest complaint is that I dreamt about work stuff last night - my few couple hours reprieve from it! Hopefully tonight isn't a repeat, and I'm really looking forward to these next hours of sleep. night.

No comments: