Sunday, May 4, 2008

Come on out. Oh, the weather outside is weather...

Sunday May 4, 2008
2.4 miles

I took a week off from running- I wasn't feeling well and just decided to. The only thing with taking time off, is that you gotta eventually go back on. I tried to resist it, but I had told myself that I had to get back on the wagon tonight.
And if there ever was a week to start up again, this might not be the best. I worked at my 2nd job this weekend, and it's my first week at my new job. That means I'm on every day from Saturday to Friday, working both jobs on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Everyone keeps giving me this - oh that's gonna suck, aren't you gonna hate that - kinda look. But the thing is, since I've been unemployed/marginally-unemployed for 6 months, i'm so excited to be working and making money again that well, I just don't mind at all. I'm infact looking forward to it. Yes it's going to be an adjustment to doing nothing to doing a lot, but in the past I'm usually at my best when I have a lot of structure in my life. My only fear is that I've lost my work-aholic ways, but I have the feeling I'll find them again.
Anyways, maybe not the best time to add running back in, but I'm thinking if I can do it this week, I can do it any time. Always optimistic, we'll see tomorrow after my first 12 hour day (14 with commute) how it all goes.

Also, a little more of a Forgetting Sarah Marshall review: I was a little hesitant, because Judd Apatow had produced it, but that isn't a given that'll be funny. And it's Jason Segel's first writting credit (to the best of my knowledge) and it doesn't have most of the Aptow crew. No Seth Rogen (my fav) or Jay Barcuchel, and Jonah Hill and Paul Rudd are in it, but limitedly. In fact, one of my complaints would be that they, along with Bill Hader, weren't used to their full hilarious potential. Although new Brit I'd never heard of Russell Brand was in it a lot and very funny. I'm not sure the movie was worth $9, but overall I have fond memories and liked it.
I liked that the pace went quickly in the begining. And there's a scene in there where they show Jason Segel's penis - more than once. I know this was for comedic affect; as he is totally nude and the girl is fully clothed. But while this was happening, and I was laughing, I was also thinking "I wonder if everyone would be laughing if some girl's crotch was being showed? Or her boobs?" Women's bodies are shown naked in films all the time, but when men's bodies are shown naked it's shocking. So, even though I know it was for comedy, I appreciate Jason Segel for leveling the playing field a little, and showing some skin, a lotta skin.

No comments: