Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday night fears

Friday, April 18, 2008
2.4 miles

It took me till the final hour of the day, but I did run, as I'd promised myself I would on Monday when I last ran. I know myself well enough to know that I wasn't going to run Tues, Wed, Thurs when I would get home. So I gotta make it up tonight & tomorrow . One night down, one to go.

It was misty and warm out tonight, it was perfect. But I really do need to invest in some pepper spary or something. I was startled by a rabbit, tiwce actually - once in the begining and once at the end - but rabbits don't really warrent self-defence. The other things that startled me did though. After I rounded the high school I was distracted by watching midnight janitor in the hallway in side the school, when I looked up to begin turning away from the school I looked up to see a middle-aged man just staning on the corner across the street from the high school. No dog on a leash, no cell phone in hand, just standing there. Very creepy.
I also had another lone guy smoking cross my path near the factory I run past after the high school.
Just towards the end a ran around a car blocking a parking lot and then saw a huge group of people smoking outside the local bar. I automatically crossed the street, not really out of safetly, but more out of fear of seeing people my age at a bar will I look all sweaty in stretchy workout clothes. Worst nightmare (besides the lone creepy guy on the corner) and I'd forgotten it was Friday night.

No comments: