Tuesday, February 19, 2008

No running, but There Will Be Blood

I haven't been running at all these days, as you can see by my lack of postings. It's been far below zero recently, and I've grown lazy. I hope the season begins to turn soon because too long without running and it'll be that much more of a struggle to get back on the band wagon.

Some other things I've been musing on:
I saw "There Will Be Blood" last night. I really liked it, and I am shocked that Jonny Greenwood (of Radiohead) isn't nominated for an Oscar for the score he created for the film. It was chilling and wonderful. My friend who is also a big movie-geek went and saw it with me, and I remembered how much I like seeing movies with people who also really like movies. I mean, I know, everyone likes a good movie. But I'm the kind of movie dork that can waste more time than I'm willing to admit watching trailers online, or spends afternoons reading Entertainment Weekly and drinking chai at Boarders. Anyways, seeing movies with people who appreciate them just makes them that much more entertaining - both the movies and the people - I think.

Being such a movie dork, The Oscars are like my Superbowl, and this year the game is actually interesting. So many deserving people and films. Although, for being a movie geek, I haven't actually seen as many as I would like. Unfortunately not a lot of the nominees are in theaters; which is a shame, because really, there is nothing much worth seeing out right now. Movie season is October - February, where in that time frame it's believed people will actually remember your film for Oscars. And the summer season, May - August/Sept, is good for popcorn fun films that will make money, but this stretch of Post Oscar Season to Summer Season is going to be desolate. I mean, Jumper is the number one movie at the box office right now. case in point.
Anyways, that's my rant for entertainment. At least the writer's strike is over, and hopefully soon this cold spell with be as well.

No comments: