Saturday, October 25, 2008

Stories I've told

It's been a tough week, especially school wise and that stress permeates into all the other aspects of my life. Running took a back seat. Ok, it got put in the trunk. But I plan on going tomorrow morning (although , is already pretty late tonight...)

Here are some stories I told this week:

Before my case study paper, this was the background on my computer:



Which I took when I was in Hawaii two years ago.

Around Monday (case study was due Wednesday), it changed to this:



which is self explanatory, and happens to be from visiting friends in Michigan.


Also,
Last night a coworker, let's call her Ruma, came in with her young children let's say, Ashima,7, and Sonia,5, she started talking to another co-worker, so I took upon myself to entertain the kids and took them into the stacks to find Halloween books. When we got back to the desk, the older one started this conversation:
Ashima: Do you have children?
Me: Oh, no, no I don't.
Ashima: Are you married?
Me: Nope. And I don't have a boyfriend, it's just me at my house.
Sonia: Do you have peace and quiet?
Me, laughing: Yes, I do have peace and quiet. Do you have a peace and quiet at you're house?
Sonia: Oh, no! We do not have peace and quiet and our house.
She and her sister then preceded to interrupt each other and get into a hitting fight.
It was kinda the cutest thing, and the whole interaction made my whole night.

Unfortunately, there is not peace and quiet here right now. My upstairs neighbor must be playing some kinda of musical instrument, or is seriously into guitar hero, or something, but it is really loud. It's been kinda loud most of the night, but I was watching a movie, so I blocked it out. Now, I'm trying to sleep, so that could be harder. I really need to get the courage up to go up there and tell them to shut the hell up please.

No comments: