Friday, October 17, 2008

Gushing

For reasons of anonymity I won't go into the who, the when, or the why of this, but...

Recently, I was standing next to this cute, smart, nice, talented guy who I respect, and he was saying these really nice things about me to someone else. "They loved her, you should have seen it...." Of course it was wonderful to be spoken of in such high praise. I found myself wanting to reach out and touch his arm, to just gesture to him in some way some kind of recognition and reciprocation of the affection. But stopped my self, just smiled and said something modest and self-deprecating like "Oh really, I don't know about all that..." And soon after left the conversation and scene altogether.
The whole thing left me feeling kinda sad to be honest. Like I said, it was wonderful to have such great things said about me, and to be there to appreciate them. But I was also reminded of how much I miss that. That being, a great guy to stand next to while he boasts about me - and to feel this mutual adoration, to want to boast about him in return. I just kinda miss that.

No comments: