Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thoughts on Urban Living while Grocery Shopping

Until recently I've never been a huge fan of those Window-Gel-Things. You know those gel-ie, fun shaped things that stick to windows. Just not my thing.

But tonight while grocery shopping I went ahead and spend the 2 bucks on getting some Halloween ones.

And here's the overly thought out reason why I:

I'm finding it hard to express my holiday cheer. There's no nail on my door to hang something fun from, and I've thought about putting out a Halloween Welcome Mat, but to be honest the thought of spending $15 on something that might be stolen has impeded that purchase more than I'd like to admit.
It occurred to me that these gel-shapes are really just a way to express/decorate in an urban environment. I don't have a house to hang little Halloween lights from, or a lawn to put some inflatable monstrosity on, I'm not even sure what I'll do with my pumpkin once it's carved. But I do have windows. Being a corner studio - it's about the only thing I have "lots" of.
So I joined the masses (as I so often inevitably do) and bought some Halloween gel Bats and Ghosts.
From my window to the the world, in bright orange gel: Boo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uh....I LOVE Gel-things!!!!! I have them for every holiday, for my apartment and my window at school!
Kt