Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer & Sex in the City

I dunno if it was simply having spent the afternoon seeing the Sex in the City movie with my mom, or if it was actually having eaten good-for-me food all day - but I was in a such a good mood that I wasn't completely dreading my run. I wasn't stoked, but I didn't have to totally kick my own ass to go. And, I think I ran at a pretty good speed for most of it too - although I still won't tell you how long it does take me to run two & half miles, because I'm pretty sure by running standards that it's a long time. But whatever, it was a really good run. Not too hot, not too cold, one that I could pat myself on the back for.

Sunday June 1, 2008
2.4 miles

I won't spoil anything for those of you who haven't seen the movie, but I did think it was pretty fantastic. I laughed, I cried, I wanted to wear heels; everything I love about SITC and the charcters in it. And that's all I'll say till the movie's been out a little longer.

Not much else is new, just getting into the swing of summer. Working hard, feeling pretty grateful about my paychecks. I was paying bills today, and reminding myself to hold on to this feeling as long as possible. Because it was only months ago that I would get one bill paid and just hope I figured something out until the next one came up. So to be able to not put bills on my credit card or borrow from my parents feels pretty amazing, and I feel really greatful every time I am able to even write a check.
Im also just loving that I am able to work during the week and then gett into the city at least once a weekend to hang out with different people. One weekend out with the girls and their family, the next getting fortunes told & drinks at the top of the skyscapers, this weekend it was a dinner party with the next generation of librarians. I am begining to love my very own SITC story: Summer in the City.

No comments: