Monday, October 8, 2007

t-shirts, faux-hawks, and happiness

1.) Why are girl's shirts cut so short? Reminder to self - next time am
buying/ordering a t-shirt, just go with the male-styled one, they look just as good on girls, if not better; I dare say, sexier.

2.) My kid, when I have one (a million years from now) will totally have a faux-hawk for the first few years of it's life. So cute I think.

3.) I think waiting to get married till your 30 has at the very least has this advantage: You do it the way YOU want to. The people I saw get married this weekend (30 & 31 years of age) know themselves well enough now to know what they want for their ceremony - which included the bride walking down the "aisle" from a trolley, an outside but still spiritual place, a tuxedo-kilt, and ending in a big party with live band AND DJ.
a.) It was great wedding, and I'll paraphrase from the groom's vows because they seemed true & from the heart that they really struck me:
"Growing-up is a process of moving away from your parents, from the support you've always known, and going out and looking for that support in other places. I believe I've found that support and love in you, and I am so excited to start our lives
together out of that love and support; I believe we can do anything..... I am happy. I am happy, I am happy.

No comments: