Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Beowulf - AGAIN!

Beowulf.
I hate Beowulf.
First time around in high school - hated it. Grendel, Beowulf, grrrrr....
Second time around in Medieval Lit in college - hated it again. Sure, it's the new "amazing" edition, but grrrrr.
And now it's the movie.
I've only seen previews, but what the hell is Angelina Jollie doing in there?
I
don't want to write in all caps, because it's annoying - like Angelina
in Beowulf- so you'll just have to imagine me shouting this:
There is no female in Beowulf! Ok,
granted, I'm remembering this from high school and college, but I think
I would remember a naked woman tempting Beowulf. (Anyone else catching
theadam-eve thing, always present in medieval literature)
Beowulf is about man conquering monster. Beowulf is about man becoming legend. It is not about women.
Mostly, I hate Beowulf for creeping into my life again, because with this movie - and my hatred for Angelina Jollie in it - I will read it again.
Grrrrrr......

post script: but how awesome does "I'm Not There," the new bio-film on Bob Dylan look?
That's right; the answer is awesome!

No comments: