Friday, October 12, 2007

Feelin' Alright - Joe Crocker

Today was a great work day. I got to meet all the people/parents that I email every day. I was "schmoozing" with parents all day, and I was good at it. It was fun. I enjoyed getting to talk and help people.

Highlights at the end of the day were, in order:
a.) A new co-worker just sitting and hanging out with me at my desk at the end of the day, just to talk. We just got to know each other better, and that was nice.

b.) A different co-worker walking by, even later in the day; stoping at my desk to say "I just want you to know: You really shine in this position. You are this glue to the school, and you do it really well. Thank you."

c.) I had to get up alone infront of, literally, about 100 people and do a five minute intro about the junior trip I lead two weeks ago. I introduced myself - "Hello, my name is Alexandra Lastname and I am the face behind all those emails you get everyday." And they clapped.
All the parents in the audience clapped in appreciation of my work. I mean, how awesome is that. That's a pretty good day.

After that I got to watch the seniors do their presention; it was emotionally really hard. It's hard because I don't think I'll be here to watch them graduate, I don't think I can stay here to do that. And because there are so many sophomores that I think are fabulous and I won't be there to take them on their junior trip next year.

But that's the way it's gotta be. It just is. To qoute the song "feelin alright" by Joe Cocker that was used in another presentation tonight:

Seems I got to have a change of scene
Cause every night I have the strangest dreams
Imprisoned by the way it used to be
Left here on my own or so it seems
I got to leave before I start to scream

No comments: