Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Perfect Weekend

9/28 - 9/30

Friday night: This week was extremely chaotic. So by friday night It was fantastic to say to my friends, "hey, I need some couch time, you're more than welcome to come over, but I need sometime at my house." And as we had all gone out the night before last and gotten pretty gone, they were cool with that.
Me, a bottle of wine, cheese & bread, knitting, a good movie, and my couch: the perfect chill night.

Saturday, even better: sleep in. Finish watching "Heroes" in my pj's from bed,
and when the power & water go out across campus, I figure it's the perfect time to go into town. I spend a solid 4 hours at the library catching up on communication and planning my future. Meijer is insane, but I get everything I need.
Back to school, talk to friends on the phone, and then go for a run. It kicks my ass a bit, but feels good none-the-less.
Perfect night: starts out late, once get to town split some cheap sushi outside meijer while having the best cup of chai tea and getting called a cheap date. From there it's time to just chill at Borders reading magazines while my "date" talks on the phone - I know this may seem rude of her, but really, I love this. I love feeling comfortable enough to just do what it is I want to do while she does the same. Awesome. Topping to the evening- a decent movies that's a total cry feast at the end. "Feast of Love" more like "Feast of Tears". Still, great, and had great life-affirming conversation in car back home.

Sunday: sleep in again, and get up just barely in time to go to church. Church was ok, it's only been so-so lately, but today, for the first time ever, I spoke. This is a big deal kinda, but it was fine. Talk to family, chill at borders again waiting for library to open.
Have now spent another solid 4 hours at the library figuring out my future, making
decisions, writing up things for work, and getting this blog written. Now it's off to Borders to seriously get my read on with Entertainment Weekly. From there, no doubt another meijer run for groceries, maybe a run, and a night of finishing up knitting a
baby hat - just in time, the baby was born last night! What a great ending to the perfect weekend

No comments: