Monday, October 15, 2007

Three Questions

So the deal is, I asked my friend three questions. She answered, and then asked me three questions and now I answer them here. If you'd like, you can ask three questions in the comments and I'll answer them on this blog. Then I'll ask you three and you have to answer them somewhere (if you have a blog, on your blog. If not, then...I guess in the comments?). So here goes:

1.) I heart that story question, so I'm going to make you answer your own question. So Al, what's your story?

When I hear that question, or when I ask it, I antcipate a mini-history; I hear a parallel quesition of "How did you get here at this moment?" (Which is so interesting because Katie didn't answer it that way at all.)
Anyways, on with the answer:

My story? Well, I grew up in a western suburb of Chicago, went to a small liberal arts college outside Chicago where I majored in Print Journalism and got a minor in Philosophy. I then moved to Vermnot for 5 months, then moved to Michigan where I've worked for over a little over 2 years. My circle of friends from high school still make up my close circle of friends, along with people I've meet from the wilderness camp I worked at in Northern Ontario. I am currently recovering from a broken heart and am at another cross-roads in my life, which is scary but thrilling. I am a strong, funny, smart, nurotic female who likes to ask a lot of questions.

(that was a little combo of the two ways that question could be perceived I think).


2.) If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your days what would it be? If you could only read one thing? Watch one thing? Listen to one...CD?
eat: cheese
watch: the west wing
listen to: npr (1. this american life 2.wait, wait don't tell me)
one musical artist: this is a scary leep for me, but I'm gonna go with Wilco. I mean, if it's for the rest of my life, that's a long time and I think they do the best job of mashing amazing music with amazing lyrics. But David Gray or The Frames is a close second.
wait, you asked for cd: so I would go with Kicking Television by Wilco, cuz it's live, so it's got a cross collection from multiple cds.


When you imagine your future, what does it look like?

Oh god, the question of the moment isn't it!
This is what I know for certain: I am in a city. Most likely, Chicago.
Let me close my eyes and imagine it: it's impossible. Seriously, I'm just barely getting the next couple years together. I can tell you what I've learned about myself enough to know that in the future: I will be in a city, and making the best of whatever decisions I have made. I will most likely not have a lot of money, but still eating out, buying presents for friends, and traveling. That's all I got so far.

No comments: