Sunday, April 22, 2007

no running, only work

No running this weekend, only work.
I plan to run this week, but in the upcoming month, this "only work" theme might become, well, my life.
I've been feeling a bit unresolved lately. And I hate that feeling. I keeping feeling like I go around and around, and I'm not getting anywhere.
I don't do well with unresolved. I do well with lists, with plans, with expectations, with definitions and ideas. Living in the moment has never been easy for me, and living without resolution or without finite decisions, well, I feel uneasy. Unlike myself.
And I think that this may be why I have taken on SO much work for the next month. One thing, without fail that I have always done, is give 150 percent at my job, or at the very least appear to do so. My dad once pointed out to me, before I moved to Vermont for my first kinda "out of college" job, is that not only do I put in a 150 percent, but I pick jobs that require 150 percent. And over the next month I'm signed up for all these extra days of work, mostly because I really need the extra money, but maybe it's also a little bit of just throwing myself into something.

I keep telling myself, this is a good life lesson, a lesson about the other side of wheel (assuming I'm "on" one side of the wheel in my comfort zone, and this is forcing me to be in the other), that I'm being forced to deal with living in the here and now and live life as it comes. Another thing I'm always doing - looking for the silver lining.

1 comment:

maxmill said...

"Sometimes, life can feel like a job,but sometimes if we're lucky,our job can feel like life."