Thursday, April 26, 2007

no running, but tv

*running: or lack there of really. This week - no running, only working. Really need to become better about making time in the day, and only doing short runs if that's all I have time for. Need to find motivation again cuz am so not feeling it right now. Feel as though I have officially fallen off the wagon.

TV: so, even though working a lot this week (which is going well by the way), I have watched some tv, and I have to say this:
A.) I love Heroes.
I.) I love that I can watch the recent Heros on my computer with only about 4 annoying commercials. LOVE IT.
II). I love Peter Patrelli, and if they kill him again, I will be upset. (although, really, who thought he was actually dead? No one, that's how obvious it was that he was going to come back).
III.) When will the number of powers that Sylar has come by finally start fucking with him. I can't wait for that.
IV.) I love Heroes.

B.). I also really enjoy Grey's Anatomy.
I.) I won't say that i LOVE it, because, it's not good television. Heroes - good television. Good characters, good actors, good plot line, always leaves me wanting more.
II.) Grey's has those things too, but not on the same level. It's good, and the characters can be interesting (but TOTALLY predictable), the plot is good (but again, and hard to distinguish from the characters, totally predictable).
III.) Like tonight's episode - predictable. Good, and interesting, but really, of course they were all happy about two weeks ago, and tonight all did things to utterly change their lives and happiness. This is because Grey's isn't a SHOW, it's a SOAP-OPERA ( i call it a sex-opera). of course george is leaving (really because addison is leaving and they need someone else to go on her new show), of course addison has sex with alex and is both are unhappy, and the biggest of course of all is that mcdreamy and meredith just can't seem to stay together for too long. There would be no sex-opera, sorry, I mean show, if they actually could just stay a couple.
IV.) Not that I didn't really love a couple scenes: Calli in the elevator talking to Izzie about how Callie knows there's nothing going on with Izzie and George (oh, but there is!) that they just get each other, etc, but what Callie needs is George to "get" her, etc. Oh, it was soo good. Maybe just cuz I love Calli (even with her dumb haircut).
a.) Also the scene where McDreamy tells Meredith that he can't keep breathing for her, that basically he can't be her everything (one could argue that he's not, she's got work, but really what he's saying is-) that she is/was depressed, and that when she didn't swim when she was drowning and he had to breath for her -ohhhh, such a good metaphor and just struck with me. It was good.

C.) Overall, love heroes, love scenes in grey's.

i've stopped with my use of capitals so it's probably time to get going as i've become lazy. If you lasted through this long about my rantings about tv shows - good for you!

No comments: