Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Good for Me

Wednesday July 16
3.0039 miles


Hell yes! I went for my run today, after dropping my car off at the shop so really I had no excuses cuz it's not like I could go anywhere else. And I had an idea of where I was going to go, but not sure how long it would be.

Turns out, it was exactly the distance I need to do! It was slow, and sweaty, and filled with more people than desired, but I did it! yay! And now I can feel much better about doing this 5K on Sunday. (5K is roughly 3.1 miles)

And I'm getting better about seeing people. I just smile and nod and keep running on to the next thing. Plus, on Monday I was running past this woman getting something out of her car in the driveway and as I ran past she said "Good for you" so I said "Thanks!" and she replied "It ain't easy, good for you" again. Reminds me that people may be supportive instead of negatively judgmental. I mean, really, that's what I'm thinking when I see a runner (or biker, or walker or who ever is out doing their exercise thing); I'm thinking "Good for you, You go!"

No comments: