Monday, July 21, 2008

First 5k

Monday July 21
2.9 miles
78 degrees, feels like 80

Sunday July 20
5K, or 3.1 miles


Friday July 18
2.4 miles


Ran my first 5k run on Sunday. Got my first running jersey via a run, got my first running number pinned to said shirt. Experienced my first grab of a cup of gatorade from the side lines - the oddest thing was throwing it to the ground, my logic knew that it would be picked up, but it still felt like littering because I just would never throw something on the ground. Tied my first running chip to my shoe lace - my time was 38 minutes & 53 seconds, which means I ran a average of a 12.33 minute mile. My first mile I did in 13 minutes, so my goal after that was to just get in under 39 minutes, which I did, so good for me I guess. I got my first free water, carnation, banana, shampoo, rice, coffee, luna bar, and had I taken advantage of it, a massage; all from the different sponsor booths set up at the finish line.
And I crossed my first finish line.

Now, it's on to finding more races so I keep motivated to do each of those things more.

A side note sensation: we got up at 10 to 6:00 am and were at the race site by at least 6:45 am, right on Lake Michigan. I kept having these bodily sensations of flash backs to being at camp or running a canoe trip. Something about being up at that hour next to to a large body of water, something in the air I guess. It was cool.

I would be more descriptive, but I just dropped my car off at the shop and ran back home, having no idea how far it would be. Turns out it was almost 3 miles, and I am in good need of shower.

No comments: