Wednesday, August 8, 2007

radio in my head

One of the first things I do in the morning is identify the song playing through my head as I patter, bleary-eyed, from my bed to the rest of my apartment. Lately, as soon as I’ve identified it (this can be the hardest part) I go to my laptop and play it. It started out a couple weeks ago with Justin Timberlake. That could be because of the wedding, which played Justin per our request, but the song that was in my head in the morning was Summer Love, not played at the wedding. Still, good morning song.
It ranges though, from the likes of Justin Timberlake to Lilly Allen to Keane to, this morning, Wilco. I’ve been avoiding the band Wilco a little bit, for personal reasons. But this morning, Company In My Back, was loud and clear in my brain. And I have to say, since I usually continue listening to the artist once I’m done with that first song, that Wilco is such a great
band.
Again, like with Justin, I have theories as to why Wilco will no longer be ignored and made its why into my waking self. But in the end, they’re just theories and over-analizations, because who knows why certain songs play from one’s sleeping self to the waking one?
Who knows, but I do enjoy the radio in my head.

No comments: