Monday, August 6, 2007

light

There are lots of things I want to blog about, to tell you all about. Between the last time I blogged and now a lot of things have changed, and still, a lot of things the same.
But that’s all heavy stuff. And my last post was titled that, so how about some lighter fare?!
*I’ve watched this new tv show on Bravo (usually I hate reality shows, but on Bravo, I get totally hooked) called “Flipping Out”. The main guy the show is about has some serious OCD – not the touch-the –door-five-times kind, but the obsessively-neat kind. There’s a part of the pilot where he talks about his love of/need to make lists. It was at this point in the show that I realized, a little more than I’d like to admit, that I am similiat to this guy.
*I’ve been downloading all my music onto my new computer and have, among other things, re-discovered these things:
- The band Sublime is fucking awesome
- While sitting down doing other things the song Origami by Ani DiFranco hit me. The way some songs just have that impact, out the blue, when your not paying attention.
- Imogen Heap is so amazing, her music is so moving. I can't explain if its just nostalgia or not, but either way, it's good.
*After working continually since Thursday night and having company this weekend, by 5 tonight I was fried, so I sat on my couch and just read my two favorite magazines: Entertainment Weekly & Real Simple.
*I love Real Simple magazine. Look at these cool things I found in this months issue:
- Bottle Top Tripod, so you can be in the picture too!
- I don't even really like brownies all that much, but this is just such a cool idea! Not to mention, great recipes and good articles in Real Simple. I bought a subscription for my ex-boyfriend's Mom last year, but maybe this year I'll ask for it myself. Same goes for Entertainment Weekly really.

No comments: