Saturday, May 19, 2007

one if by foot, two if by bike

I have many things buzzing around my head to blog about (home, college town, bridal shower, etc) but since i ACTUALLY went running today, I think I should first blog about that.

My mom wanted to ride her bike and somehow she got me to go running with her, cuz we didn't have two bikes. SO i went, for the first time since Monday, and it was really good. It felt good to get out there I guess, it was kinda hard, but not terribly so. It was interesting to be on a bike path and in a park and have no idea how far I was going. When I got back home i went to a website (again,if I were cool and had more motivation to figure it out and weren't so fearful that I would end up just losing all that I've written, I would put a link right here) called : www.gmap-pedometer.com and figured out how far I went. Ends up, I went about 3 miles. Pretty good for not having run in a week and not knowing how far I went, i thought it was shorter than that, so I'm proud. Now lets see if I go tomorrow.

Even better after my run though, I took my mom's bike out for a spin. A 4.5 route, that made me kinda sweaty. The bike thing was kinda a test -run about getting a bike. My mom's is a road bike (vs. a mountain bike) and I like it, because to be honest, I don't see myself doing many sweet jumps off roading, or really, off roading in general. The interesting thing about biking was realizing that I can see myself enjoying it more out "in the country" - aka, back in Michigan. This is because, I would get going on the bike, and then have to slow down for cars at stop signs before crossing streets, or turning corners. Out in the country, I could get some speed on the road, and just keep going. The bike did really work my legs, although maybe the inside of my legs a little too much - I have the feeling my inner thighs may kill tomorrow. None-the-less, it's definitely got me thinking about getting a bike.

No comments: