Tuesday, June 26, 2007

too much tv

Isn’t ABC owned by Disney? I’ve been watching tv - bad tv on ABC. Right now I’m watching Super Nanny (yeah, that’s right, and I like the show, so there). And Super Nanny on ABC makes sense -it’s about family, and raising kids, etc. It’s a family show. But before Super Nanny, there was this show, I dunno what it’s called, but something like Ex-wives show or something. But it was people getting over spouses who treated them like shit. I guess this is a family show, but it was a little weird. And then there’s advertisements for Family Secrets (a show about revealing secrets in a family) and Extreme Makeover. And, as I’ve mentioned before - Extreme HOME makeover, is my favorite tear-jerker show - but Extreme Makeover is plastic surgery making over PEOPLE. It kinda freaks me out.
I got into a thing once with one of my friends here about plastic surgery. I’m kinda against it - I think, people are beautiful the way they are. She says - some people can’t move past a physical attribute and getting plastic surgery helps them just accept themselves. Which I get. I understand that - i have physical things I can’t get past. But I’d also like to hope, that someday, I can accept my beautiful self. I dunno, it’s an interest debate. Feel free to add your thoughts.

Speaking of your beautiful self - get your fabulous self down to Victoria Secrets - it’s their semi-annual sale. I had to go to get something for my to-be-married friend’s shower. I did get something for her, but of course, also got myself some new underwear, because really, new underwear is just the best. Not only when your feelin low, but any ol-time - go out and get a new pair of undies.

one last P.S. - how cool is Paul McCartney? Not just, cuz you know, he’s a Beatle, or because he’s knighted (he is, right?), but because in the latest ipod+itunes commercial,he just looks cool. The straight black suit, the converse all-stars. God, I love that look. Even, maybe even especially, on a Beatle.
And: is that a Wilco song on a Volkswagen commercial? ( I need to go to bed, I may be watching too much tv).

No comments: