Sunday, September 20, 2009

Why Yes, it has been awhile.

Oh, Hi.

So.

Yea.

It's been awhile.

Me? Oh, I'm good, good. Oh, you know. Just in the area. My friend is blogging again, and got me thinking about my blog. Yea, I know it's been awhile. It's just, well, I'm always so wishy washy about this blogging business. I feel like I whine a lot on here, and you never know whose reading. Plus, right now I'm listening to this book on cd; one of the characters (spoiler alert!) who is foreshadowed to be some kind of psycho-path serial killer is an IT guy who hacks into systems and looks at what people search on their computers and finds out all sorts of creepy information about his victims by what they post on the internet. Listening to it makes me fear facebook more than I already do. Let alone having a blog.

Still, I am loving katieromo's new look. Plus, it's always nice that the internets is waiting patiently out there to listen to me blather away about the books I'm reading or the movies I go see. Sure, what I'll probably end up doing that dog-chasing-its-own-tail thing that I do so well with my own insecurities in cryptic blog-speak.
But for tonight, before I sign off, I'll just say this:

I am reading two books that happen to be by Scottish writers, and the books couldn't be more different:

1.Dying Light - by Stuart MacBride. Just wanted to pick up a new detective series, cuz I'm a sucker for them. It's mediocre, but like I said, I'm a sucker.

2. The Ascent of Money - Niall Ferguson. Niall Ferguson is amazing - I've heard him on radio and tv programs, but I've never read any of his books. So the opportunity presented itself in class to read his books, and I talked the Prof. into letting me do his latest. Makes me remember how fascinating I find the whole financial world to be, and also reminds me how much I miss listening to the Planet Money Podcasts. I'm less that a 100 pages in, and I wish I didn't feel so rushed to get it done for school, but I'm super glad I picked it. Nial Ferguson, I heart you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Rachel Hoover and I were just talking about you at Michelle Plemich's wedding. I was telling her how all the cool kids are getting M.A.'s in Library Science like she did.

Carpenter