Tuesday, September 22, 2009

For Lack of a Title

Wasn't really planning on blogging tonight - so get ready for some extra rambling - but wanted to thank katieromo for the shout-out, and I got a voicemail from our mutual DC friend that mentioned she needed some reading material so I wanted to give that shout out as well.

And what I really should be doing is going to bed. I haven't been sleeping poorly, but I haven't been sleeping well. I had a homework dream the other night, and those are just no fun. at all.

This happens frequently though. As I walk through the alley to my apt. I envision myself walking into my apt., putting my jammies on, brushing my teeth, and going to bed. But this is what actually happens: I walk into my apt, I put my jammies on, I think - tea? Or teeth brushing? Tonight, it was "No, just brush your teeth and go to bed." And I did brush my teeth, flossed even, and used my mouth wash. But while using my mouth wash, I also got on the internet - "just one last time" - and here we are now, blogging.

What is happening more frequently is that when I walk into my apt. , many times the last time I was here for longer than five minutes was more than twelve hours ago. So I haven't been home, to just sit and do nothing, for awhile. I don't want to go to bed. I want to watch tv, or read my book. Or, apparently, blog.

Not that I am complaining about my wonderfully full life. On reflection, I actually had a really decent day. I stayed busy at work, even if I felt tired. I went to school and got free pizza for dinner at a library student shin dig. I stayed way longer than intended at the library shin-dig talking to people and feeling like an old sage talking to all the newbie library students. I did forgo the trip to the YMCA, which I should not have done, but in the hour longer that I stayed at the library I got 90% of my homework done. Which is simply awesome. There was another library shin-dig, at a local bar, and I went and met more cool librarians (even a very cool, very cute, straight, male librarian - a real rare thing - but also so cool, cute, straight, and male, that he has a girlfriend. I mean a male that is cool, cute, straight AND single? in library school? it's like myth, a legend, a ghost. the holy grail - simply unobtainable.) All in all, it was a good day.

And not all together a very interesting blog. But there you have it.
Oh, but I do have to mention - that I'm loving all the wonderful television on again. Top Chef, Project Runway, The Office. I can't wait to catch up on House and Lie to Me from last night. And I am not ashamed to admit it - I am in love with the Biggest Loser. Seriously, I cried (although, this isn't really all that abnormal for me. I wouldn't be surprised if a especially poignant commercial moved me to tears.) I know, it's reality television. And it's reality television about overweight people - and I would expect the worst from that kind of television, but instead, I find it inspiring and tactful.

Also, speaking of shout outs - Thanks to Carpenter for the comment, awful nice of you, thanks!

Perfect, 12:00 on the dot. Maybe I can still rescue myself from zombie-dom tomorrow.

1 comment:

Carpenter said...

I would wager that it is easier to find a cool, cute, straight AND single male in library school than in a theatre program. Maybe you should hang out at the computer engineering school parties. Lots of single guys there...