Thursday, August 26, 2010

Important Stuff

While packing up my little studio I have a plain brown filing box that is labeled: "Important Stuff: *Incase of fire, grab this first!"

Let's see what's in it before it gets moved under my bed at my parents place:


-Countless photos. *but also includes the "I voted" sticker & voter receipt from my vote for Obama in 2008


- poultry: a Summer Read Duck & a Birthday Turkey


-a small red box with many small, personally valuable objects
(basically the file box, on a smaller scale)


-four cards, with nothing written on the inside


-a rock from the Spanish River in Northern Ontario
- a star with HOPE on it
- a carabiner from a father to a daughter to me
- my Bay Trip Feather
- a mother's feather
- a lover's feather
- all the library cards I've ever had
- "Speak No Evil" monkey
- Buddha from Cambodia
- Turtle from Northern Michigan
- barrette from Paris


- wooden canoes
- more photos


- small stones in a plastic bag
- a feather fasicnator

- my undergraduate diploma

- my maternal grandparents wedding rings,
and the envelope my Oma sent them to me in

- an angel, that has hung in
just about every (bed)room
I've ever had since I was born

I'm still not done packing, so there might be more stuff that goes in the box. But most other important things (specifically pieces of jewelry comes to mind) are in every day use, and won't need to find a good resting spot while I'm in transition from grad school to....whatever comes after graduate school. So, while in this transition from one major section of life to the next, they will be here, waiting.

So, what's in your box?

No comments: